The taxonomy of contemporary classical music—new music, contemporary music, whatever you want to call it—is a thorny issue. But every two months we’ll take a look at some of the best composer-driven music to surface here on Bandcamp, making room for electronic experimentation, improvisation, and even powerful takes on old classics. Here’s a look at the latest.
- Bandcamp is a global community where millions of fans discover new music, and directly connect with and fairly compensate the artists who make it. Our mission is to provide all artists with a sustainable platform to distribute their music, while making it easy for fans to directly support the artists they love.
- Best of Bandcamp Contemporary Classical: January 2017
- Album of the Day: Various Artists, “Lives Through Magic”
- A John Prine Listening Primer
- Tim Kinsella: Uneasy Listening
- Cuddle Formation‘s New Record is a Tribute to DIY Spaces
- Chris Zabriskie’s Underwater Adventure Game Soundtrack
- Drunken Sufis Shuffle Off the Punk Rock Coil
- Album of the Day, Channels: “Backpfeifengesicht/Airstrip One”
- Our First 100 Days: Raising Money for Equality and Inclusion
Don’t miss the BC Weekly