You can now display your bio, photo and links in your sidebar. Above, for example, is what that looks like for Cristina Bautista. In the past, we’ve seen artists resort to placing their links and bio in each of their albums’ liner notes (where the information just gets buried), so we’re excited to provide an official, prominent spot where you can tell fans a bit more about yourself. It’s a simple feature, but there are some nice touches, like zoomable photos and URL prettification for the more common services (e.g., just “Facebook” rather than “http://facebook.com/goldparts”). All of this is of course optional, but we hope you’ll consider adding it, since a carefully selected image and a few thoughtful words can help establish an emotional connection with your fans (and in turn, boost your sales). Setup is done on your profile page:
- Bandcamp is a global community where millions of fans discover new music, and directly connect with and fairly compensate the artists who make it. Our mission is to provide all artists with a sustainable platform to distribute their music, while making it easy for fans to directly support the artists they love.
- Best of Bandcamp Contemporary Classical: March 2017
- Christian Scott’s “Ruler Rebel” Honors The History of Jazz While Pushing The Genre Forward
- Twenty-Five Years of the Brain-Melting Sounds of SKiN Graft Records
- Seven Artists Who Are at the Cutting Edge of Hi-Fi Techno
- Album of the Day: Pallbearer, “Heartless”
Don’t miss the BC Weekly